LIMB™ is the first software suite that covers all steps of digitzing projects from project preparation to exports for long term archiving, digital libraries (web and mobiles applications) or publishing (eBooks, POD). LIMBTM includes functionalities for creating and managing metadata all way long the project and provides also an intuitive workflow management interface.
• CAPTURING: LIMB™ is fully compatible with all manual or automated book scanners
available on the market. Several scanners can be connected to one LIMB™.
• IMAGE PROCESSING: LIMB™ proposes automated and manual standard image processing algorithms like deskew, crop, resize, binarize, contrast, brightness, etc. But LIMB™ proposes also unique image processing like background removal, page curvature, lighting correction and image segmentation (to come).
• QUALITY CONTROL: LIMB™ has an automated quality control by image analysis on blur, over exposure, monotony and partial images. LIMB™ proposes an image defect tagging and reporting with a friendly user interface, a rescan management and a quality norm (ISO) for sampling.
• O.C.R: LIMB™ integrates by default the IRIS O.C.R engine (120 languages) and proposes as an option the ABBYY 9 & 10 Fine Reader engine or the SAKHR engine for Arabic languages.
• STRUCTURING: LIMB™ proposes to create your own structuring template with an easy tagging pages interface (page number, covers, body, chapters, table of content, etc.) You can enjoy also functions that automatically read table of contents and automatically extract illustrations and generate table of illustrations to enrich your metadata.
• CONVERSION: LIMB™ allows you to automatically export to various formats (TIFF, Multi page TIFF, JPG, JP2, PDF, Searchable PDF, POD PDF, PDF-A) and multiple outputs managed within the batch process. Then you can export locally or directly to an FTP directory or a digital repository.
• PUBLISHING: With LIMB™ you can directly publish your contents to YooLib™ Digital Library (directly export of media and metadata to a YooLib™ repository) and assign collections and categories. On demand, custom connectors to other digital library platforms could be developped.
• METADATAS CREATION & MANAGEMENT: Directly imports descriptive metadata from your catalog using Z39.50 protocol or the following metadata file formats: MARC, MARC21, Dublin Core, csv, MODS. As a result LIMB™ can export several structured metadata formats enriched by the process such as : METS, ALTO, Dublin Core, MODS. For the METS output LIMB™ provides lots of flexibility to add the schema to your needs.
• WORKFLOW MANAGEMENT: For each project the operator defines the steps of the workflow: process documents as batches, inputs : media and metadata, processing, QC requirements, OCR, structuring requirements, exports : media and metadata.
Limb Bbrochure in english (pdf)
Carrying out a digitization project is the challenge that documents and books collections owners give themself the means to. Considering various types of documents and users expectations, controlling the processing chain, ensuring the protection of the original documents, capitalizing on quality standards and ensuring backup copy durability are all challenges to take up in conducting a digitization project. The issues are the similar for all players, as varied as numerous, working for cultural heritage digitization projects.
Sharing success stories, practical experiences and R&D initiatives meeting the challenges of digitization and the associated sharing knowledge, such is the vocation of the first edition held in Paris April 10-11 2012.
When you have been an international key player in Heritage and Archives
digitization for more than 10 years, it is a state of mind to keep a step
ahead of the competition!
Today, i2S DigiBook is pleased to present not one, not two, not three ... but six new products! Each of them is the state of the art in its range and they all covering the main needs of digitizing projects! Therefore the internationally recognized i2S Digibook scanner ranges that are SupraScan™, CopiBook™ and e-Scan™, are pleased to present you:
Since 2000, i2S DigiBook has been designing, manufacturing and marketing scanners for books, maps and any type of bound documents up to 2xA0 format, as well as dedicated image-processing software suites.
In 2011, i2S group has acquired Kirtas Technologies becoming the largest group in the world for Cultural and Administrative Heritage digitization and web-promotion solutions.
By being present in 80 countries, involved in research and development programs (Polinum), partner in national digitization programs and with hundreds of thousands documents housed and printable on demand, i2S DigiBook has started to build the most complete offer to help all public or private heritage organizations to manage with success their digitization, enrichment, long term storage, dissemination and return on investments objectives.
i2s announces that it has entered into a stock purchase agreement to acquire a majority interest in Kirtas Technologies Inc. (Read more)
i2s Group has created the 1st Actors of Cultural Heritage (A.C.H.) Euro Premium Club, a space for exchange and expertise, bringing together both document collections managers and experts in digitization and preservation.
When you have been an international key player in Heritage and Archives digitization for more than 10 years, it is a state of mind to keep a step ahead of the competition!
Paris, march 3rd 2011
i2s to take a position in the United States, consolidating its leadership in the document scanning market.